Saturday, August 6, 2011

Sacramento Zoo

Ryan and I spontaneously decided to take a trip to the zoo for some family time with our little monkey.
Have I mentioned how much she loves "and-imals?"

Her favorite was definitely the flamingos, we had to go back to see them a second time.
We haven't been to the zoo since she was about 10 months old...
But when we went back then I had to pry her away from the flamingo fence.
She's a big fan.... maybe a future flamingo wrangler? (It's totally a profession... get off it.)

We also saw reptiles, fish, zebras, ostriches, monkeys, tigers, lemurs, kangaroos, and probably more I'm forgetting...

I love all of the little play areas scattered throughout the Sac zoo.
We had to bribe Mikenna away from the dump truck with a promise to come back.

When we went to see the Giraffe's we were able to pay an extra fee to be able to feed them.
Giraffe's are my hands down favorite animal so we did it without question.
Mikenna kept saying "here giraffe, get a cookie!" Kinda like a dog, only a smidge bigger.
Hehe... why are they so funny lookin?

Mmm..... lunch.

Before leaving we walked through the gift shop and Mikenna spotted a stuffed flamingo.
That thing has gone with her everywhere since we got it, totally worth every penny!

On our way back to the car we stopped to feed the rest of Mikenna's sandwich to the ducks.
I'm pretty sure this was her favorite part of our day, which reminds me... why do we pay to do things? She is so happy with the little things!
I love spending my days with those faces.

I started looking through the pictures from our previous year's trip to the zoo and was amazed at how much my little one has changed.
It's crazy what a difference a year can make...

Until next year zoo! (If we don't make it back before.)


No comments:

Post a Comment