Friday, May 25, 2012

My Little Gymnast

Mikenna loves, and I mean LOVES gymnastics.
She's always been an extremely active kid, and I knew when she started walking/climbing everything in sight that it was probably something she would enjoy.
We started classes at Tricks in Granite Bay when she was 18 months old and it has been her favorite thing to do ever since!
We were out of town for her first Gymnastics show so I was beyond excited for her Spring show!
Daddy went in to work late so he could come with us and watch (aka be my photographer... thanks babe!)
Because she isn't 3 yet she does a mommy and me class so I get to join in on the fun.

The show started with a parade.
Then there was an obstacle course set up for them to show off everything they have learned, followed by some trampoline time.
My little independent thing wanted to do everything herself. (shocking)
Mr. Andrew was there to help the kids walk backwards on a large balance beam but Kenna insisted on doing it without his help. (and she did it!)
I have seen a huge difference in her confidence and abilities since we started.
She will try anything once, and she keeps trying until she masters it. 
She loves her coach, Mr. Andrew. He is a huge reason we stuck with the gym.
He is so good with all the kids and Kenna really trusts him. 

At the end of the show the kids got to step up and get a ribbon.
As outgoing as she is, she always gets a little shy in front of a lot of people.
I love that shy face.
We were those crazy parents that stuck around to take a million pictures and take in the moment... we are just so proud of our girl!


No comments:

Post a Comment