Tuesday, September 4, 2012

Preschool = SAD Mommy

My little boo is almost 3.
3 means preschool.
I cannot BELIEVE she is old enough to go to school yet, but... she is.
I took her to tour some schools in the Spring and told myself I would base my decision to put her in school this year or wait until next year on how those tours went. 
Well, my independent girl would have been perfectly fine with me leaving her there during those tours...
and for the next month BEGGED me to take her back to school.
So, here we are....
first day of school for my first baby.
She is going to Rocklin Montessori Preschool, the school I felt fit her best when we toured.
She was the most "herself" there, but I can't help but question my decision.
Being a parent is HARD... are you ever at peace with your decisions?
I know it's a great school, I know it will foster her independence, I just hope I'm making the right choice for her.
I dropped her off with no tears this morning (from her anyway, I cried like a baby as soon as I got in the car), and picked her up happy after 3 hours.
So that's gotta be good, right?
As much as I will miss her every Tuesday and Thursday morning, I am so looking forward to hearing her stories everyday when I pick her up, and seeing the friends she makes, and bringing her artwork home.
I am so unbelievably proud of the independent, brave girl she has become... I can't wait to see how preschool will influence her as she grows.
Miss Mikenna, I hope you enjoy every second at school, I hope you love your teachers, make tons of friends, and always feel as confident in yourself as you do today on your first day. Good luck this year, sweet girl!
(And if you want to be a space man... reach for the stars, chick!)

No comments:

Post a Comment