Friday, September 14, 2012

The "big girl" class

It's official, my baby is growing up.
She moved up to the 3 year old gymnastics class this morning (a month and a half early, if I can just brag for a minute.)
This is her first class on her own, no more mama doing it with her.

A part of me was SO nervous for her, but so excited to watch also. (And let's face it, my big ol belly is sucking the energy out of me just walking, I'm thankful to have a 45 minute break every week.)

As soon as we pulled up I could see her get nervous.
But, she had no problem going in on her own, even if she was a little shy.
Her nerves got to her about halfway through class and she fell down on the ladder and the poor girl just lost it... huge tears everywhere.
She came out, I hugged her and told her we could go home if she wanted to, but she told me she was ok and wanted to go back.
She walked back in and finished off the class with a smile. (Proud mama moment!)
I love this girl and her tenacity.
She does not stop trying until she masters something, no matter how hard it is.
After going back in she did amazing and kept up with all the older kids easily.
It's amazing how you can watch her confidence soar when she masters something...
And I can't wait to see what this year in gymnastics brings us!


No comments:

Post a Comment