Sunday, December 25, 2011

All things Christmas!

Does everyone make a huge deal out of Christmas at their house? 
We love it, and it's about a month long process over here.
We always put our tree up the day after Thanksgiving, and from there we bake cookies, read Christmas stories, sing carols, watch Christmas movies... all month long.
I'm always looking for more fun things to do in December, so if you have more ideas, please share!

A few days before Christmas we baked some Santa cookies.
This was the first year Kenna was able to help, she decorated her Santa cookies all on her own.
Santa may or may not have OD'd on sprinkles. (Sorry Daddy)

We spent Christmas Eve at Auntie MaryAnn and Uncle Ray's house.
The kids played, opened presents, and we had a yummy dinner.
I forgot my camera (I know I know, bad mom)... but look how cute my little munchkin looked before we left!
Is she a walking GAP ad or what? 
No really, she is... it's the only store I can find that makes clothes that fit her long and lean little body.

Anyway, Christmas morning is the most exciting for ME!
I woke up at 6 am ready to go shake my child and wake her up... SANTA CAME! GET UP!
But, parenting rule #1: never EVER wake your sleeping child, unless you absolutely have to.
So I waited around, got ready, and as soon as I heard a peep from her we grabbed her and ran downstairs.
This is the first year Mikenna completely understands and loves presents, so it was so much fun.
Every time Mikenna pulled something out of her stocking she would walk away completely satisfied.
Nope, keep going kiddo.
Daddy Santa didn't realize that Mommy Santa had already shopped, so Kenna ended up with WAY more presents than she could have imagined.
She got Monster's Inc., some nail polishes, chapsticks, a dancing Dora doll, some puzzles and learning toys, fruit snacks, M&M's, and a bunch of little toys in her stocking.
Happy girl. (And check out that sweet morning hair!)
Jala got some new balls and treats, all he needs in life.

Before we left for Titi's house we took a few pictures.
I never EVER get in front of the camera so on Holidays I make sure I slip into some.
I'm so proud of my husband, he's getting good with that camera. 
I love love love these pictures and they will soon be framed!

We spent the rest of the day at Titi's and then at Grandma and Grandpa Johnson's house for dinner.
Christmas is always crazy, we just have so much family!
But I love the fact that we get to see everyone, it's worth the chaos.
Mikenna got unbelievably spoiled (I will be spending the next few days cleaning out old toys to make room for new ones), we had some yummy food and got to spend some time with ALL of our family, couldn't ask for more! 



No comments:

Post a Comment