Sunday, December 11, 2011

DISNEYLAND part 2

Our second and third days at the park were even better.
Little miss knew what to expect so she was ready to party as soon as we woke up!
We headed to Toon Town to start our Saturday morning, since I knew there was a lot to do for her age range there.
There actually is a LOT she wasn't able to do this time at Disneyland.
Well, there was a few things I decided we would avoid this time also.
She doesn't know about ghosts or goblins, doesn't understand "scary" things quite yet, and although lots of people take their 2 year olds on rides like the Haunted Mansion and Pirates of the Carribean, I wasn't comfortable taking her on those rides and exposing her to those things.
You only get to be little once, I'll keep her sweet and innocent and nightmare free as long as I can :)
Anyway, enough with that rant (apologies if you disagree with me on that one), on to Toon Town....
Kenna loved exploring through the little houses and playing at the park (although she was a bit puzzled why the little doors wouldn't open, ha!)
We got to meet Mickey after a short wait and some cartoon watching in his house.
Kenna LOVED Mickey (shocking!)
She gave him hug after hug.
I think the characters secretly liked her more than the other kids, but that could just be my biased opinion. She seemed to get a few extra hugs.
We met a few more characters, rode the creepy Roger Rabbit ride (she wasn't a big fan) and played a bit longer with Grammy and Aitachi.
Anyone going to Disneyland with little ones, I highly recommend Toon Town!
It's the only place they can really get out, walk around and play on their own, Kenna loved it (minus the ride).
We headed back to Main Street for some lunch and caught the Mary Poppins Parade.
My little dancer was in heaven!

She would dance along with every song and clap as soon as each one ended. Gotta love her.
We even had time to sneak in a family photo in front of Sleeping Beauty's castle. 
(Have I mentioned the Mickey gloves yet? Ryan wore those things the entire trip, and high-fived everyone who walked by. One of the reasons I married him... he's so much fun!)

After a loooooooong morning we headed back to the hotel for a family nap.
Kenna crashed before we even got out of the park.
Oh, and the best part of our trip? Fire alarm went off in our hotel and we had to evacuate 45 minutes after we got back that afternoon. So much fun to wake an overtired toddler, grab your things and run outside to the parking lot (except not at all.)
It was a false alarm luckily but since we were all awake we decided to head to a dinner with just the 3 of us.
It sounds funny but we do dinners with other people so often, sometimes it's really nice to just go out with us, we rarely do it!

After a yummy dinner we went back to our hotel to meet Santa. 
Mikenna definitely wasn't as into Santa as the Disney characters,
but I was proud she was willing to say hi and sit on his lap!
I'm so glad she isn't shy or scared, she is a brave girl and willing to try just about anything.

After dinner and a little time at the park we headed up to the top balcony at our hotel to check out the World Of Color show.
You could see everything up there, it was awesome!
Was my kid watching this amazing light/water show?
Nope, there was music on... she was busy dancing.
We may or may not have given her a massive lollipop sugar high to keep her going that night.

We decided since it was our last night that we would try to make it out at the park as long as possible.
We lasted until about 11 and then we were all ready for bed.
The park is amazing at night though, I'm so glad we went back out!

We spent our next day (Sunday) at California Adventure until we headed home around 3.
I vowed not to take any pictures this day and just spend time enjoying my family.
So, sorry nothing to show... but sometimes I have to remind myself to stop capturing the moment, step back, and live in it!
We had an amazing time and the drive home went really fast which made it even better.
Mikenna did SO much better than I expected for her age, I don't think she cried once!

Goodbye Disneyland, until next time!
 I can't wait to go back... trying to talk Ryan into another trip!

No comments:

Post a Comment