Thursday, January 17, 2013

Keegan Day 1

We literally spent our entire first day just staring at our boy.
I can't believe he is finally here.
Who does he look like?
We can't decide... he definitely looks like Ryan, but not as much as Mikenna did.
We also made another discovery that morning when we took off Keegan's hat...
the kid has got some CRAZY hair!
We hadn't taken his hat off since his bath the night before... au naturale faux hawk.
I think that is my favorite thing about him.

We spent our first morning just taking it all in.
After nursing pretty much all night long, Daddy finally got to spend some time holding him that morning.
It's amazing meeting your baby...
But watching your husband bond with your new baby... nothing in the world compares.
I am never more attracted to Ryan than I am watching him with our kids.
He is such an amazing Daddy and that's definitely the way to my heart!
I was dying for Mikenna to meet her brother (and to see her, we aren't apart very often).
Grammy brought her in when she woke up that morning.
I had prepared myself for the worst... jealousy, acting out, ignoring us or the baby...
But to my surprise she was so excited to see us and the baby.
She wanted to hug and kiss him, wanted to sit by me, and wanted to hold him.
She instantly loved him just as much as we did.
Thank you princess for taking those fears away. 
Keegan started to get fussy at one point, and as soon as I put him on her lap he calmed down and fell asleep.
He knew her voice.
Before having Keegan I couldn't imagine how I could possibly love another baby as much as I love Mikenna.
But somehow your heart just grows.
Seeing the two of them together, and seeing how much she loves him makes it all worth it.

We had visitor after visitor the rest of the day, most of the family came in and out to see him.
Keegan did amazing with so many people in and out, he slept and ate and didn't cry at all.

That night I had asked Ryan if he would go and spend some time with Kenna and put her to bed.
I didn't want her to feel left out with everything going on.
While he was gone I got some one on one time with my new boy.
Things I know about him so far:
He loves to snuggle... he wants to be wrapped up and held tight.
He is calm and generally content
And he is perfect, right?!

No comments:

Post a Comment