Tuesday, January 29, 2013

She Loves Him

I think I spent as much time feeling guilty for Mikenna as I did feeling excited to meet Keegan while I was pregnant.
Mommy guilt is seriously a biotch.
Of course I want Mikenna to have siblings to play with...
I can't imagine life without my sisters.
But that doesn't make the transition any easier.
We did everything to try to prepare her for her brother. 
 But still, I cried just about every night thinking about how she would feel once he arrived.

As usual, my girl amazed me and had no problem adjusting to Keegan.
She loved him from the instant she saw him.
Since we've been home all she wants to do is hold him and kiss him.
In fact, rather than the jealousy I expected, our biggest issue is asking her to give him some space.
She loves touching him and singing to him, and wants to help with everything.
She brings me diapers, clothes, puts his binky back in his mouth, and sings to him when he's crying... having a 3 year old around is surprisingly helpful!
I'm so thankful she has adjusted so well. 
I'm still anticipating some jealousy coming out eventually... 
But for now seeing them together just melts my heart.
If it's possible I love her even more than I did before.

And p.s. aren't they the cutest kids EVER?

1 comment:

  1. I'm so glad you are blogging again :) Probably more than I can say...and I loved reading your sweet birth story too. Can't wait to come squeeze him!

    ReplyDelete