Thursday, June 30, 2011

Chalkboards and Magnets...

I need more hours in the day for crafts, seriously. 
I would love to make things/paint at some point everyday, but unfortunately between cleaning, taking care of missy (and Ryan and Jala..), cooking, working, and everything else under the sun that comes up, that doesn't happen. (Sad. If anyone wants to chip in to the let Meghan stay home and craft fund, we are gladly accepting donations.)
I did find time for a couple small projects this month. 

Numero uno... I found this really cool long, skinny frame at Michael's. It was super clearanced plus I had coupons so I ended up getting it for $2.00!
I spray painted it to match the kitchen, painted to glass with chalkboard paint and voila!
We have a cute new chalkboard for our kitchen. :)

Project numero dos was some new magnet letters for the fridge.
I got the idea here
The original magnet letters are cool but the magnets tend to fall out quite often, and to be honest, they hurt like hell when you step on them!
So I made a trip to Michael's to see what I could find.
I came back with some little round wooden circles, magnets, and letter stickers. Oh, and spray paint of course. Here's how I did it:
 1. Spray paint little wooden circles.
2. Attach letter stickers to the front.
2. Mod podge the heck out of those babies! Then glue magnets to the back.
4. Finished product, I love them! Kenna love em too, she was very excited to see her "new yetters!"

I didn't leave Mikenna Faith out of all this fun... she had her own craft goin on.
I found a plaster magnet for her to paint.
She spent almost an hour painting it, happily.
That cute little cupcake is the newest addition to our fridge.
She gets it from her mama! :)


2 comments:

  1. Oh you've inspired me! waawho! I've been wanting to bust out with some spray paint myself! The chalk board paint...I think I might get addicted and turn everything into a chalkboard!!

    ReplyDelete