Tuesday, February 8, 2011

15 months

15 months old. 
Not sure why, but this age has really hit me hard.
My baby is becoming a big girl.
Maybe it's because most moms I talk to rave about their child being 15 months.
It seems to be the age where their little personalities really start to shine through.
For miss Mikenna, this is most definitely the truth. 
She amazes me everyday with her new knowledge. 

We had Kenna's 15 month check up today, it went great!!:
Age: 15 months, 11 days
Height: 32 and 1/4 inches (90th percentile)
Weight: 24 lbs 10 oz. (68th percentile)
Head Circumference: 98th percentile (48 cm I think?) She's got a very big brain :)
When we go somewhere I always talk to Mikenna about where we are going and what we will be doing on the way there. So when I told her we were going to the doctor she repeatedly said "Hi Goctor!" the whole way to the appointment. When the nurse opened the door for us, Kenna said, "Hi Goctor!" The nurse laughed and said, "Well thanks for making my day, but I'm just a nurse." Mikenna smiled back and said "Oh, hi urse!!" :) When her Doctor came in a few minutes later she yelled once again, "Hi Goctor!" He was very pleased to listen to her talk and see her interest in the books in the exam room. In fact, he said she is highly advanced in ALL areas, and her language ability is what they hope to see out of a 2-2 1/2 year old. (Oh yeah, I will  be bragging about that one for a while!) She showed off all her tricks for the doctor, including "droppin' it like it's hot", and even blew him a kiss when he left the room. I was very happy that we only had to get one shot this time (we got 6 at her last appointment!). She whined a little but as soon as she had a band-aid on she was happy. Phew... 3 more months until the next immunizations!

Some fun things about Mikenna Faith at 15 months:
She can point to her eyes, nose, mouth, ears, hair, tongue, teeth, lips, belly button, feet, and hands.
She says everyone's names, and says hi to everyone about every 5 minutes.
She can pick out red, yellow, green, blue, and pink if you ask her to.
She has 10 teeth, and at least 2 more on their way.
We have counted over 50 words that she says daily, not including the words she repeats.
Her absolute favorite snack is a pickle. I can bribe her to do anything if I use a pickle as a reward. :)
She knows where I keep the nail polish now, and brings me a new color just about daily to paint her toenails.
She LOVES animals. Real animals, on TV, in books, cartoons... she loves em all.
She loves to sing in the car. Her current faves: Pitbull/T-Pain-Hey Baby, Neon Trees-Animal, Chris Brown-Yeah 3x, Kesha-We R Who We R, and Rihanna-What's My Name. She sings these all day long.
Her new thing is hiding behind her hands. She thinks it's hilarious that we "can't see her."
She prefers to be outside, no matter how cold it is.
We are finally down to one nap a day (most days).
Her new best friend is Jalapeno, and since all she wants to do is throw his ball for him and give him treats, he is becoming quite fond of her too.
Have you ever seen a cuter 15 month old? Me either.




1 comment:

  1. awwwww. love this post, and you guys. makes me want a wee little babe for kennas to play with...someday :) kisses!

    ReplyDelete