Monday, February 14, 2011

Love Day

I love, love, love Valentine's Day
Why?
Not because of the gifts, flowers, cards or candy. (Ryan, if you're reading this, disregard that statement)
Mainly because I love V-Day arts & crafts and baking...
I love pink, red, purple, hearts...
And because I've always spent the day around kids/preschoolers, which makes the day SUPER fun.
This year I got to spend it with this little peanut:
Isn't she the cutest? Lucky me!

We started off our day the right way with a little love day breakfast:

We also had a special V-Day lunch:
(And if you're wondering, yes my child took down that entire plate of food, and more. Told ya the kid can eat!)

We did some painting and coloring for Daddy.
I was overly excited about the coloring, mainly because this is the first time Mikenna really scribbled on paper for me. She loves to color with chalk outside, but before today she wasn't able to push down hard enough with crayons to color on paper.
Today I officially got a masterpiece:
Ok, so maybe it's not a Da Vinci, but I'm proud none the less. 

Mikenna gave mommy a special Valentine, she took a 4 hour nap! Best gift ever...
When Ryan finally got home from work we ate dinner and exchanged our cards (Oh how I love funny Valentine's Day cards!) and little cheesy gifts (We had a little competition, I totally won, my gift was WAY cheesier, yeeessssss!)
I got flowers and candy from my wonderful hubby.
Kenna and I made Ry a gigantic heart cookie (which I must say, was pretty delicious!)

Next year Mikenna will be able to do ever MORE fun Valentine's stuff, I can't wait!
Happy Valentine's Day from the Johnson fam!


1 comment: